There are two ways to install a WordPress theme – manually with an FTP client, or automatically through the upload feature in the WordPress dashboard. Below you will see both options.
Installing a Theme Through the WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance → Themes. At the top of the page, click the tab Install Themes.
- Just below the headline, you will see a link that says Upload – click that.
- Click the browse button and find the ampinstant.xx.xx.zip file from your local machine and then click the Install Now button.
Installing Theme With an FTP Client
- Download the theme zip file to your local machine and unzip it.
- Log onto your server through an FTP client, and find your site’s wp-content/themes directory. You will want to transfer the entire theme folder to that directory.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, and go to Appearance → Themes. There you will see screenshots of the themes that are available for you to use. Click on the theme title (or theme screenshot) for the theme you wish to activate. A preview of the theme will be shown, and then you can click the Activate link in the top right of the preview window.